It's just about spring in Maumelle. It's time to do some inspections around the house to make sure that winter was not too hard on the exterior. Here are some things to check:
1. Take a look at your sprinkler valve. Make sure the pipes in the ground have not frozen and burst. In the Fall, you should have had it removed and winterized. If so, in a few weeks, it will be time to install it.
2. Check your homes eaves, siding, brick, roof and gutters. Freezing water and hibernating animals can play havoc with these. Take a stroll around the perimeter to make sure nothing has come loose or broken.
3. Have your air conditioner serviced. Don't wait until the heat hits to discover your coolant is low or your fan doesn't work.
4. Change your interior filters. You have been breathing recycled air all winter. Try out a good quality air filter if you are prone to allergies in the spring.
5. Get the leaves up. You don't want to stifle your grass and have bare spots in your lawn.
6. Check your fence for warped or rotten pickets. Make sure the water drains where you want it to.
7. Come up with a weekend project that you have been putting off forever (weekend being a day or two). Nothing makes you feel better about your home than a small improvement.
8. If you have a pool, get your supplies ready for the season.
That's all for now. I will add more info soon. Have a great spring!